The Douglas County 3rd Quarter 2022 Economic Development Report is now available here: https://www.douglas.co.us/documents/2022-3rd-quarter-economic-development-report.pdf/
A few highlights include:
- Sugarwish, a startup that began in a Denver home, is moving its headquarters to a new office space and fulfillment center in HighField Business Park near E-470 and Peoria Street. The company is also opening a second fulfillment center outside of Colorado in a move to expand beyond Colorado’s borders. Sugarwish reached No. 262 on the 2022 Inc. magazine list for its corporate gifting packages.
- Employment in Douglas County increased 4.6 percent between the second quarters of 2021 and 2022, rising by 6,223 jobs over the year.
- Century Living, an offshoot of national homebuilder Century Communities, broke ground on a 300-unit apartment development in Parker. The project is located in the 600-acre Compark Business Campus. Construction is expected to be completed before the end of 2023.
- Alliance Construction Solutions is nearing completion on the RidgeGate Affordable Housing project located at 10810 Rail Way in Lone Tree near the RTD RidgeGate Light Rail station. The 90,900-square-foot project will provide 67 units of affordable housing.
- Kaiser Permanente will spend $70 million to renovate and expand its Metro Denver facilities in the next several years, including the creation of a new medical office building in Parker. The new building is planned to be 22,500 sq. ft. at the intersection of Parker and Hess Roads. Construction is scheduled to begin in early 2024 with a targeted opening in the summer of 2025.
For previous versions of the Economic Development Report, please visit https://www.douglas.co.us/planning/economic-development/economic-development-quarterly-reports/