Ambassador of the Month
- What is your current occupation? I am the Key Account Specialist for SERVPRO of Denver East, Denver Southwest, Englewood/East Littleton, Highlands Ranch/NW Douglas County.
- What do you love most about [your industry]? I love helping people and providing good customer service. When people call us, they are going through a disastrous situation and probably for the first time. Our experience and expertise can help get them through it.
- How do you define success? Success is being able to be your true authentic self and not compromise your values or morals.
- Who inspires you? The late owner of this franchise, Gary Mayfield, is an absolute inspiration. He lived and breathed SERVPRO and treated all of us like equals. His passion for the industry was palpable and he brought high energy and enthusiasm to everything he did. And he took pride in the work we all did. Reputation mattered to him.
- What advice would you give to someone who wants to enter [your field]? Be ready for the unexpected! And approach everyone with empathy.
- What’s one thing — either industry-related or not — you learned in the last month? “Efflorescence” might look like mold, but it isn’t mold. It’s mineral deposits that are left behind after water evaporates.
Now for the FUN Stuff!
What’s something about you (a fun fact) that not many people know? I’ve been to 42 countries (currently visiting number 43 right now!)
What’s the last book you read? The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami
What is your favorite hobby? I enjoy knitting little hats to donate to the NICU. My godson was born 5 months premature and the little handmade hat they gave him meant so much to his mother.
What’s the first concert you ever attended? Floggy Molly
What’s the next place on your travel bucket list? After Costa Rica, I would like to go to Puerto Rico.