Ribbon Cutting Information
The Northwest Douglas County Chamber & EDC would be honored to hold a ribbon cutting event to celebrate your business! We will invite Chamber & EDC members and community leaders, and add it to our Community Calendar. We strongly encourage you to conduct your own PR campaign to increase the attendance and awareness of your business’s opening. You should also consider inviting your business partners, financiers, contractors, employees, customers, friends, and family to be with you to celebrate this momentous occasion in your business’s history. Please understand that you should not rely solely on the Chamber & EDC to attract your audience.
The Chamber will gladly assist you with the following:
- Notify the Chamber's Management Committee and Ambassador Committee members, encouraging their attendance.
- Promote your ribbon cutting to the Chamber members via the e-newsletter, stand-alone emails, social media, etc.
- The Chamber & EDC staff will attend the event and coordinate the ribbon cutting
- Provide you a media list for you to send a press release to the local media.
- Provide you a list of Chamber & EDC member caterers, food & beverage vendors.
- Bring the 'giant scissors' and ribbon
- Provide you with copies of the photos for your use
- Do a Facbook Live video of the ribbon cutting
- Publish a photo of your ribbon cutting on our Facebook page
Special Event Procedures :
- To make the most of this special celebration, assure availability of the Chamber & EDC staff, and avoid conflicts with other programs or functions, please schedule your event with us as early as possible. Remember, the earlier you contact us, the better.
- Personal invitations to government officials, media contacts, and special business contacts are strongly encouraged on behalf of the business.
- Consider having give-aways, especially logoed items that guests can take back to their offices. We are happy to provide you with members who can help you create gifts.
- Food and beverage is not required, but for open house events, it makes a nice touch.
- Prepare a brief speech and be sure to have plenty of brochures available.